10/09/2016

farsali volcanic elixir

So beauty oils have taken over and this brand in particular has been seen everywhere. After seeing nearly every blogger use it I have finely decided to buy it and see it for myself what the big deal is about. Now originally I was going to buy the rose gold elixir but that was out of stock so I ended up buying this. 

What is this? 
According  to the website http://www.farsali.com/volcanic-elixir
"The properties in oil can help regenerate skin tissue. For this reason, the Volcanic Elixir can condition broken skin, and repair sun and acne damaged skin. It also has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antibiotic, and antioxidant properties, making it ideal for acne sufferers. The thing that sets this oil apart from others is a certain lipid called calophyllolide, which is not found in any other oil, and is a very strong anti-inflammatory." 

I looked at the ingredients which is calophyllum inophyllum seed oil and this is what I have found. 
Source:- http://miadomskincare.com/benefits-of-tamanu-seed-oil/
Tamanu oil (also called beauty leaf oil,) 

the healing power of this oil is simpler to understand, it has a fantastic  ability to promote the formation of new tissue and therefore accelerate wound healing and growth of healthy skin.

Scientific studies clearly establish that Tamanu Oil is a significant healing agent, not just because of its ability to help produce new skin tissue, but also because it has anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and antioxidant properties.  Tamanu is also hypoallergenic (non irritant, non sensitizing) so ideal for sensitive skin and babies.

My thoughts:- First of all it has a strong smell like putting olive oil on you. I actually thought it must of been olive oil at first when I tried it until I looked at the ingredients. It is a thick oil and yes I think it is good to use at night, when you do not have to leave your home due to the smell and the shine it leaves behind HOWEVER , I see no reason why you can not put it on during the day as well. Providing you are not put off by the above. I have used it once and my first impression is that it is very moisturising and the skin does feel soft. Usually when if you can see and feel even a slight difference after the first try, it means it's good. So it does have a thumbs up from me. However I can pay out $30 plus shipping for a 15ml every month is another thing.